Sunday, August 4, 2013

New Take A BOOK On Vacation Pictures

I hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer!  I know I am!  I took a few days off to visit my family in Pennsylvania.  It was great to see them again.  I was also doing some research into my family history.  This is a very rewarding and interesting process, but it does take a lot of time.  One suggestion that I have to everyone is to write stories, vital information, etc. down while your relatives still can remember.  That is the issue that I'm running into right now.  But while I was gone, I was thrilled to get three more pictures for the Take A BOOK On Vacation program.



The first picture comes from Owen, an incoming first grader. He and his family went to Starved Rock Illinois.  I had never heard of Starved Rock, so I had to look it up on the map.  It is up towards the top part of the state.  Starved Rock is about 827.3 miles away from Hollywood Elementary School. Owen and his family shared that it is 12 hours and 42 minutes away from HES.  It looks like Owen has found a great place to read.  I've never been to Illinois before, so I'm very interested to hear more about Owen and his family's visit.



There is still time to send in pictures to be posted on the blog.  Thanks to everyone who has already sent them in.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda

No comments:

Post a Comment