Monday, August 4, 2014

More Take A BOOK On Vacation Pictures!

This time our Take A BOOK On Vacation pictures come from Weld, Maine. This is an annual trip for Leo (an incoming 2nd Grader) and Eliza (an incoming 4th Grader) to visit family. Weld is about 660 miles away from Hollywood Elementary. It looks like such a great place to visit, especially Lake Webb. This picture shows Leo and Eliza taking a break from swimming to read a book that Leo checked out from the Weld Public Library. He was excited to check out a Leo Lionni, for obvious reasons! This book, Tico and the Golden Wings, is one that I haven't read and will be looking for soon.

Leo and Eliza's second picture was taken in Weld, Maine along Route 142 at the Scholfield Home. This "man in the bucket" has been on the roadside for decades and is a favorite spot to stop for family pictures! In this picture Leo and Eliza has just been up the road at the Weld Public Library checking out some books to read on vacation. Leo got The Bear That Wasn't by Frank Tashlin and Eliza picked up Dear Mrs. Larue-Letters From Obedience School by Mark Teague. 

I just love that these HES students are making use of the public library on their vacation. It reminds me of my summers with my grandparents. I would stay with my dad's parents during the summer while I was being tutored for dyslexia by a good family friend. One of the things that my grandmother and I did in the afternoon every other day was to walk to the library. It was always a treat for me because I thought it was really neat that the library was on two floors, not like the ones around here. Leo and Eliza thanks for bringing back those memories!

Keep those Take A BOOK On Vacation pictures coming! I've got four more posts coming! There will be a new one each day! One of the posts is from Mrs. Gilman and another post is from me!

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

No comments:

Post a Comment