Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Another Take A BOOK On Vacation Picture!

Jack, an soon to be Second Grader, went on vacation with his whole family. He took two of my favorite books on vacation with him. Jack wrote me a letter, which his wonderful mother emailed to me. You will find it below.

Dear Ms. Hazuda,

I went to Nags Head North Carolina with the entire Venendaal family, all 14 of us, this summer.​ 

I read Penguin on Vacation by Salina Yoon.  I liked how Penguin went to the beach and we were at the beach too.  My favorite part was when Crab said, "I shell return".  I also read Penguin and Pinecone and like the colorful illustrations in these books. While on vacation, I got to be a part of an annual turtle race and learned the difference between an alligator snapping turtle and a striped mud turtle.  My cousins and I spent our days surfing, body boarding and digging for sand crabs. It was a fun relaxing trip.  Hope you like my picture. 

Nags Head is about 280 miles from HES. Hope you are having a great summer and we will be seeing each other shortly.  :)

Jack

If you have not read Penguin on Vacation and Penguin and Pinecone you really need to because they are great books! Salina Yoon also written Penguin in Love and her newest Penguin and Pumpkin. I can't wait to read Penguin and Pumpkin! It was just published at the end of July!

More Take A BOOK On Vacation Pictures from myself, Nurse Page and many other students are coming this week!

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

No comments:

Post a Comment