Friday, June 24, 2016

Summer Fun!!

My Cute Graphics
Hope everyone is having a fun summer so far! I have still be working on a few things at school, but I'll soon be finished! Even though I have been working, I have made time to be reading. I'm trying to read a book a day! I'm going to be posting on Twitter using #bookaday. I'm going to try and do it every day, but if I don't I will still be reading each day. 

I've started reading some of the nominees for the 2016-17 Black-Eyed Susan Picture Book Award. There are some really great choices this year. I'm very excited to share them with the kids next year. Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, and Third Grade students can read the picture books and have me ask them questions. If they answer the questions correctly, the kids will get to write their name on the form under that book in the hallway. When they have read 5 or more Black-Eyed Susan books they will have their picture taken and put up on the Wall of Fame.

Students in Fourth and Fifth Grade will have the same opportunity as the younger students. The only difference is that they will be reading chapter books and graphic novels. They will have to go on the computer and answer a few questions and write their opinion of the book. Just like the younger students they will be able to write their name under that book in the hallway and when they have read 5 or more books they will get put up on the Wall of Fame.

If you want to get a jump start on the Black-Eyed Susan books, you can click on the links below to see a list of each type of book.

Black-Eyed Susan Picture Books  (Kindergarten-Third Grade)
Black-Eyed Susan Chapter Books   (Fourth and Fifth Grade)
Black-Eyed Susan Graphic Novels   (Fourth and Fifth Grade)

Also, don't forget about the Take a BOOK on Vacation Program! Click on the link for more information!

Happy Reading!!
Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)


BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

No comments:

Post a Comment