Monday, November 9, 2015

National Picture Book Month: Dance

According to the counter been for today is Dance. It is also nonfiction Monday. I'm going to include some nonfiction books about dance, but I can't resist including some fiction books as well.

2125630There are so many great nonfiction books about dance. We don't have as many as I would like in our library, but I found lots of great ones at the St. Mary's County Public Library. A few of the ones I found I will be adding to our collection. I love when books combined a topic, such as dance and the alphabet. There are two really great ones that I found at the public library. One of the alphabet books is Alphabet of Dance by Barbie Schwaeber. The second is A Dictionary of Dance by Liz Murphy. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I leaned so much from each of the books. I was not a dancer when I was younger, so the books were a great introduction to the dance world. 

12039532There is one book that I found that looks interesting for those aspiring dancers is Learn to Speak Dance: A Guide to Creating, Performing, and Promoting Your Moves by Ann-Marie Williams. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. Because a lot of great information including history of dance and some great tips on costumes, performances, and even a potential career. Anybody who aspires to be a dancer might want to check into this book. Ann-Maire Williams, the author has had many years of dance experience.

I can't talk about dance without talking about two of my absolute favorite fiction books. They are both wordless picture about it allows you to "tell the story". The first is Flora and the Flamingo, click here for a summary on Goodreads. It is a Caldecott Honor Book. The second is Flora in the Penguin, click here for a summary on Goodreads. Both books are written by Molly Idle. These books are so much fun since they also have a lot of lift the flap pages and pages that fold out. I always notice different things going on each time I read them.

15791063                   20706693

Since it's nonfiction Monday what great nonfiction books have you been reading? Post in the comments that we can share new titles.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

No comments:

Post a Comment