Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What Has Miss Hazuda Been Reading?

18668524If you have been following my Twitter feed I've been participating in #bookaday. See my post below to find out more about #bookaday. It has been a busy week for me, so I've missed a few days of reading.

On 6/24 my #bookaday was The Chicken Squad: The First Misadventures by Doreen Cronin. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I loved this book. We first met the chicks in the chapter book Trouble with Chickens. In this book the chicks take center stage. This is a great book for 2nd and 3rd Graders. I'm hopefully that there will be more in this series.
15942671

On 6/25 my #bookaday was a great high 4th and 5th Grade chapter book called This Journal Belongs to Ratchet by Nancy J. Cavanaugh. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. The main character Ratchet (Rachel) tells her story through her homeschool english assignment journal. Once I started this book, I couldn't stop reading until I got to the end. This book is a Black-Eyed Susan Award nominated book for Grades 4-6. This is the Book Award for the state of Maryland.

18565483On 6/26 my #bookaday was Big Bug by Henry Cole. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. This book is a great book about perspective. I highly recommend any book that is written by Henry Cole. He visited HES in February 2013. We had a great time hosting him and learning all about the process he goes though to write books. I'm hoping we will be able to have Henry Cole come back in the future.

Hopefully I will be able to do some more reading this week. If you are reading this summer, make sure you share in the comment section.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)


No comments:

Post a Comment