Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Festive Snowman
Image from www.mycutiegraphics.com
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all! Hope everyone has a day filled joyful noise and wonderful memories!

Check out my previous post for some great cookie books!  When I posted, I had not read Cookies:  Bite-Size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. While doing some last minute Christmas shopping, I stopped by a bookstore. I found a copy of this book in the children's section.  This book is INCREDIBLE!! I LOVE it!  I will be getting a copy of this one for the Hollywood library!  It is a great book that explains terms like "fair" and "unfair" in ways that kids can understand by using cookies.  

While I was searching online last night I discovered Amy Krouse Rosenthal has written two more "cookie lesson" books, Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons and Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love.  In the Christmas Cookies book Rosenthal tackles holiday words like "believe, celebrate, and joy".  In the Sugar Cookies book Rosenthal tackles words like "selfless and considerate".  If these two are anything like the first, I can't wait to read them.  I will be getting both for the Hollywood library too.

Don't forget to share what you have been reading over break in the comments!

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda

No comments:

Post a Comment