Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Books About Libraries and Books

My Cute Graphics
For as long as I can remember I have LOVED reading!! Some of my favorite memories of my parents taking me to the public library when I was growing up. I had three books that I always checked out, The Five Chinese Brothers by Claire Huchet Bishop, A Tree is Nice by Janice May Udry, and The Secret World of OG by Pierre Berton. The first two I have always been able to find a copy of and reread. The last book, The Secret World of OG, I kind of remember the story. But I couldn't remember the title or the author. It took many years, but I finally found it and was able to find a copy online. I couldn't wait to reread it, though I was a little hesitant because I didn't want to ruin the memory. I was pleasantly surprised that the reread didn't spoil the memory, in fact it brought back all the wonder and excitement I felt when I first read it!

858586
This next book holds a special place in my heart because of the cover. When I first read the book The Library by Sarah Stewart I had to share it with my mom. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. Her first words on seeing the cover were "She reminds me of you"! This book is one of my favorites about books and libraries. Elizabeth, like me, didn't like to play with dolls or skate. All she wants to do is read. Growing up I always had a book with me no matter where I went. I'm still like that today. Right now I can think of three books I have in my car, just in case.



27272478I was so excited to find a new book about a library, The NOT So Quiet Library by Zachariah OHora. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. Oskar and Theodore, like me, love going to the library. But one Saturday their trip to the library isn't as peaceful as they want it to be. See if you can figure out what might be happening at the library from the cover. It took me a bit to spot the hint. Sometimes after reading many books about libraries they all start to seem the same. This book is something new and fresh for me. I can't wait to share it with the kids next year!


See the titles below for some other great books about libraries and books.

6383654    6399337    2309620



7986382    15814402    17555089

1341336    111000    565140

What are some of your favorite books?

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

No comments:

Post a Comment