Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What is Book A Day?


18166919If you saw my tweet yesterday, I tweeted about my first book I read this summer. That book was Firefly July: A Year of Very Short Poems by Paul B. Janeczko and illustrated by Melissa Sweet. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I used the hashtag #bookaday. This hashtag was started by Donalyn Miller who was the author of The Book Whisperer and Reading in the Wild. Both of these books were written for teachers. Donalyn started the #bookaday in 2009 as a way for people to share what they are reading. During the summer and school breaks the hashtag is widely used.


So I will be trying to tweet my #bookaday each day over our summer break. Every  Monday I will post a summary of the books that I have read during that week. Hope you will come along for the ride. Please feel free to leave comments about what you are reading or if you follow me on Twitter make sure you tweet about what you are reading.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

No comments:

Post a Comment