Saturday, July 13, 2013

Miss Hazuda's "Take a BOOK on Vacation" Pictures

I had the best time on my vacation to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia National Parks and San Francisco. It was an amazing trip.  If you get a chance I would highly recommend visiting these National Parks and many others. There are so many wonderful things to see in our country.

Well, my vacation got off to a bit of a rocky start.  We got stuck in Chicago, on the tarmac for just about two hours.  Then when we got to the San Francisco Airport, we had to wait another two hours in line for our rental car! So we were four hours late getting started on our journey to Yosemite National Park.  It was a LONG drive to our first stop.  It took most of the time at Yosemite to recover.  So I didn't get a lot of reading done.

Here I am at Grant Grove in Kings Canyon National Park.  Behind me are two Sequoia Trees called Twin Sisters because they are connected. I'm reading all about the hike we are about to start, so we can see the General Grant Tree, which is the second largest tree in the world.  When walking though all those tall trees, you just feel SO small!  They are just amazing, you can't hardly believe your eyes.




In this picture I'm at the entrance to Sequoia National Park.  I'm reading all about all the wonderful hikes that my family and I are going to be going on. We found some helpful books about the three National Parks. The sights that we saw in Sequoia were just incredible and beautiful!  




Once we left Sequoia National Park, we went back to the airport and turned in our car.  We got a shuttle that took us to our hotel in San Francisco. We did a lot of tours in San Francisco.  One of the tours was to the Alcatraz Island. The tour of the prison was very interesting.  While there I picked up the book Al Capone Does My Shirt by Gennifer Choldenko.  Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I started reading it while I was waiting for the ferry to take us back.  

Monday I'll be posting some kid books about the National Parks and San Francisco for the students in case they want to learn more.  There will be a mixture of fiction/nonfiction and chapter books and picture books.

Looking forward to seeing some "Take a BOOK on Vacation" pictures from our HES students and staff!

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda

No comments:

Post a Comment