Sunday, July 22, 2012

Miss Hazuda's Take A BOOK on Vacation Pictures

For my summer vacation I went to New Hampshire and Maine.  While in New Hampshire my family and I stayed with good friends.  I also had a tag-along visitor named Fly Guy, but more about him in a later post.  


One of the cool things that we did in New Hampshire was to ride the Cog Railroad up to the top of Mt. Washington.  If you ever get to New Hampshire, around Mt. Washington, take a ride on the Cog Railroad.  Mt. Washington is approximately 653 miles from HES.  While visiting the top, I managed to do a little reading.  But it was very cool outside, about 47 degrees!!



After we said good-bye to our friends we moved on to Bar Harbor, Maine where we visited Acadia National Park.  We did some hiking, and on our last day there we got up at 3:30 am to drive to the top of Cadillac Mountain for the sunrise.  This is where the first rays of sun are seen in the United States. Cadillac Mountain is approximately 757 miles from HES.  I did some reading during the sunrise, but not a lot because the view was incredible.



Don’t forget to send me in pictures of you reading this summer.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda   


No comments:

Post a Comment