Friday, June 22, 2012

If You Like Junie B., You'll Love Lucy Rose

I came across a great new to me series about Lucy Rose by Katy Kelly.  I knew that we had a few of Lucy Rose books in the HES Library, but I have not had the opportunity to read them.  Wow, I didn't know what I was missing!  The first in the series is Here's the Thing About Me.  In this one you meet Lucy Rose, who has recently moved to Washington D.C. with her mother to be closer to her grandparents.  The move is made because her parents have recently separated.  It shows how she adjusts to all the changes in her life.  There are three more in the series:  Big On Plans, Working Myself to Pieces & Bits, and Busy Like You Can't Believe.


One thing that I really like about this series is that it is not written in chapters.  It is written as Lucy's diary.  I think this might inspire a few budding writers.  Anyone who likes Junie B., Amber Brown, and Ramona will also like Lucy Rose. All of these books can be found at the Leonardtown Public Library.


Happy Reading!!


Miss Hazuda

No comments:

Post a Comment