Monday, June 25, 2012

Great New Fairy Tale Book

I came across a great new fairy tale book that would be great for 4th and 5th Graders.  It is The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy. This summary is from www.Goodreads.com:  Prince Liam. Prince Frederic. Prince Duncan. Prince Gustav. You've never heard of them, have you? These are the princes who saved Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel, respectively, and yet, thanks to those lousy bards who wrote the tales, you likely know them only as Prince Charming. But all of this is about to change. 


This book was a really great new way to look at "Prince Charming". I really enjoyed this story because it is a very unique story. I've always loved the fairy tales Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel, but I've always wondered about each Prince Charming and what they were like. Well, this book answered many of my questions. I was happy to hear that it is the first in a series. I can't wait for the next one to come out.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda
**Don't forget about the Take a BOOK on Vacation project.  Can't wait to get the first picture.**

No comments:

Post a Comment