Monday, November 25, 2013

My Favorites From National Picture Book Month

I hope that everyone has been enjoying National Picture Book Month, I know I have been.  I've been rereading some old favorites and a few new ones.

On November 2nd the theme was ABC or 123 books.  I picked up a new alphabet book called ABC Zooborns by Andrew Bleiman.  I just loved all the pictures of the baby animals in this book.  I loved at the end how it gave information about all the animals that were featured in the book.

On November 17th the theme was robots, so I got to reread two of my all time favorite picture books:  Robot Zombie Frankenstein by Annette Simon and Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman.  I just LOVE both of these robot books.  Boy + Bot is a great story about friendship.  Robot Zombie Frankenstein is a funny story with all kinds of shapes and costumes.  I'm so excited for Annette Simon's newest book Robot Burp Head Smartypants.  It is due to be published on February 25, 2014.

Today, November 25th the theme is frogs, but it is also nonfiction Monday. So I'm going to be reading Nic Bishop's Frogs.  I just love anything that Nic Bishop does, well maybe not the books about snakes and spiders.  The information that is provided in the text is presented in such a easy to understand manner.  The photographs, taken by Nic Bishop, that are featured in the book at absolutely incredible, even the snakes and spiders.  

I hope that everyone has been enjoying focusing on picture books during November.  If you have had any standouts, please share in the comment section.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter!  My Twitter handle is : @HESMediaCenter.

Happy Reading!!

Miss Hazuda (@HESMediaCenter)

BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

No comments:

Post a Comment